> > It's been rather interesting observing the
> > McRishi Mahesh, whom the Shankaracharya of
> > the south observed had a busy supermarket
> > mind with no silence...

Ravi Yogi:
> Gita...

It is very doubtful that Vaj got an audience
with the Shankaracharya of the South.

But in fact, the Sringeri Shankaracharya seems
to approve of the work that was being done by
MMY and Swami Shantanand of Jyotie Matha!

Apparenty Paul van Oyen went to see Sringeri
Shankaracharya and actually met him in person.
Paul posted this report in the Kosmopolis
Newsletter in April - August 2000:

Dear readers,

As you know Dorine and I have had the grace
bestowed upon us of an audience with HH Shrî
Bhâratî Tîrtha, Shankarâcârya of Shringeri
Matha. Kosmopolis is presenting herewith to
its readers the report of this visit...

With best wishes,
Paul G. van Oyen

Shri Bharati Tirtha:

"He also emphatically confirmed that in
his opinion - and in the opinion of Shringeri
Matha - Shrî Shantânanda Sarasvatî had been
the lawful and respected Pîthapati of
Jyotirmath. In their view Shrî Shantânanda
Sarasvatî had been a disciple of Shrî
Shantânanda Sarasvatî, maybe even a rather
disobedient and naughty disciple.

In a later conversation with another member
of the Shringeri Matha staff we were
reminded of the fact that when Shrî
Svarûpânanda was challenging the position of
Shrî Shantânanda as Pîthapati of Jyotir Matha
the then Shankarâcârya of Shringeri (Shrî
Vidyatîrtha Svamijî) had offered to anoint
Svarûpânanda as Shankarâcârya of Dvaraka when
that seat fell vacant.

The one condition was that he would drop his
claim for Jyotir Matha. This was agreed and
Svarûpânanda was anointed as Pîthapati of
Dvâraka Matha. However when the ceremony was
over Svarûpânanda refused to honour his
commitment and did not step down as claimant
to the Jyotir Matha seat."