--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Rolfing is not (yet) approved.  On one of the BatGap interviews, a woman said
> she gave and received a lot of energy work before and after unfoldment. And
> cited Rolfing (thats different from Ralphing") as a method for huge release
> of emotional (pain body) energy stored in ones muscles (and perhaps subtle
> body parts associated with muscles.) I know Rolfing was popular among some TM
> teachers in the early 70's. Anyone tried it recently? Effects?

I was on the mend after tearing my left Achilles tendon
maybe 6/7 years back. My tendon had healed but I was
not pleased with how the rest of my body had changed
my body was designed to walk.

Did a little research and found this guy just blocks from
my house. He sure wasn't cheap. My Chinese acupuncturist
worked with him on lots of pro athletes. The photos of him are
not very accurate as he is now much older. No blonde curly hair.
He insists he could still grow it but his vows as a Zen priest and
lineage holder of some variety forbids it. He invited me several
to sit with his group in Tempe. I explained that I had been there,
done that, and had returned the t-shirt cuz I didn't like the fit.
There is something about having somebody waiting to smack
me with a stick that creeps me out. Theravadan practice better
suits my nature.

http://www.jeffreymaitland.com/

Interesting guy. He helped me greatly. It is my understanding
that there was a huge divisive split some years back in the
Rolfing world over "the purity of the teachings." Basically,
Jeff was part of the vanguard that insisted that the strict 12
and only 12 step program of Rolfing that MUST always be
performed in exactly the same order could and should be
modified to individuals. In short, learn the principles and then
think for yourselves rather than blindly following the connect
dots teachings. Part of the modernizing of the method was that
they found proper results could be fully achieved without the
terrible pain that was often associated with the technique.
Gentle Rolfing.