On Apr 6, 2011, at 9:26 AM, turquoiseb wrote:

I have no problem with many people, including myself,
having accessed (either briefly or permanently) "different
levels of awareness." I have seen absolutely no indication
that these are anything BUT different levels of subjective
awareness; that is, I have seen no indication that they
improve any "operating" in the real world.

And therefore Narcissistic Consciousness (NC) doesn't add anything to the world. It's a like Consciousness Cancer, the other "CC".

We should consider adding a further state of consciousness, Narcissistic Consciousness, to our list:

- Belief in a special Self that has special qualities and is worth cultivating.

- Believe their own consciousness is special.

- Love to talk about their own special Self or special state of consciousness

- Despite years or decades of "spiritual practice" they are no more (or perhaps less) compassionate towards others beings.

- Self cherishing

- Self clinging

- Blissful affect that is a central part of their lives.

- Overly bound by spiritual concepts.

- Overly bound by thought-free states or "silence".

- Flat or aloof affect connected to meditation practice.

- Inner states unconnected to positive outside actions or emotion.

- Unable to read or sense the inner states of others outside the normal "circle of compassion" (spouse, loved ones, etc.).