This is a continuation of post # 65158, and the inquiry into the
nature of the ego, or "who is the experiencer" and interesting
website on this topic of death of the ego, and enlightenment..

Some quotes:

If, however, the Ego is constituted by such a dualistic way of
thinking, it means that an Ego can die without physical death and
without consciousness coming to an end.

What makes this more than idle speculation is that there is ample
testimony to the possibility of such Ego death:

No one gets so much of God as the man who is completely dead. (St.
Gregory)

The Kingdom of God is for none but the thoroughly dead. (Eckhart
Tolle)

We are in a world of generation and death, and this world we must
cast off. (William Blake)

Your glory lies where you cease to exist. (Ramana Maharshi)

see: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/bodhidharma/ego.html