--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@...> wrote
[regarding Rick Archer's post]:

I agree that this is a nicely done, low-key rap, and I commend whoever
wrote it for that. I might have some writerly quibbles about some of the
language, like "CC arrived" and "had come," because my similar
experiences, although more fleeting, had no sense whatsoever of there
being anything new, anything that had "arrived" or "come." It was more
like finally noticing what had always already been present, every minute
of my life.

What I'd be interested in, if this person ever feels like writing it up,
is whether he/she can pinpoint any ways in which this subjective
realization has been of benefit to anyone else. That's the "missing
component" of pretty much all of the raps about enlightenment I run
across. It's almost as if the process of "self realization" can be
described more accurately as "selfish realization" in most of them. All
that seems to "matter" is the person's subjective sense of their own
subjective state of consciousness. We never hear of ways in which this
subjective state proves itself of value to anyone else in the objective
world. I'd like to hear more about that.

Enlightenment, or any kind of realization for that matter, is simply
recognizing what is the case. How this experience develops varies from
person to person. Some experience it all at once, others may experience
it in various stages. It is internal and subjective, you cannot see it
on the outside, though you can infer certain things from what a person
says sometimes. Also we all speak in the language and manner with which
we are most familiar; a person who grew up in the shadow (or the light)
of the TMO will probably not speak of experience in terminology common
to another sector of the enlightenment game. But as it is subjective, a
change of perception and understanding, it is internalâ€"who else
is going to know about it, unless the person who has the experience
decides to say something about what was experienced?

How this gets out to others is a function of how one grows into living
the experience for in many ways these experiences are like being born,
one is in a new world, even if it is just the same old world, but one
has to become accommodated to this change in experience before it might
make an impact on others, which means one must find a way to express the
experience in a manner that others can in some way get a handle on, and
it may take some longer to settle into to what happened. There is no law
that says you must talk about it, or storm the world to bring the
experience to everyone, as everyone already really has it. I think Mr.
Archer did well to describe this experience. If I were to describe mine,
it would not be the same way, some similarities maybe, a lot
differences, for sure.