Nice comments Tartji, I would say that Enlightenment is not a thing of utility.
Enlightenment is a state where you realize that you need not be a millionaire
with a million dollar wife, a million dollar car, a million dollar house and
million dollar kids to be happy. You don't have to help suffering people in
Iraq, Japan or Bangladesh. You don't have to a damn thing and that you don't
owe anyone anything. That the existence is in a blissful orgasm with you every
minute.

So Barry is right in a way that it is a "selfish" realization. However out of
that "selfish" self absorbed state comes true compassion and love.

It's not because you owe anyone a damn thing.

It's because your cup is so overflowing that you naturally would like to share.