People? You mean actual Vedic pandits like SSRS just imagine it?
Gosh, and all this time he was just giving me baby food for Anglos.

Webinars don't count.
Who were your gurus?
Where did you learn TM?
What TM courses were you ever on?
Forget a few public abhishekas.
What tantric training do you proclaim?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> TM literature and research claims that it comes from an imagined
"Vedic tradition", when in fact, none of the mantras used in TM occur in
Rig Veda. In fact the mantras are actually tantric.

> There are people who think and believe great spiritual traditions come
from the Knights Templar, the Rosicrucians or the Bavarian Illuminati.
They've founded organizations which claim to initiate folks into these
alleged mysteries. But the fact they've created such organizations and
have had great financial success at getting people to seek initiation in
them, does not make such imaginary orgs legit.

> > MMY always portrayed his "technique" as a revival of something lost.
>
> Of course he did. He loved to self-promote and advertise his version
as "something special" - and himself as "someone special"; read: Great
Rishi rediscovers mantric cogitation, news at 11.

> > For those who don't believe anything was lost, that is automatically
a distortion. But, then you look at the countless arguments and
disagreements about what meditation really is, and you realize that it
is far more complicated than "lost" vs "found" or "right" vs "wrong."

> Meditation, in a given context (let's say "mantra meditation" for this
context) is very precisely defined.

> The fact is most people who tend to throw out opinions on this (or
many other lists) have little idea what mantra meditation, it's breadth
or it's scope actually is. TM teachers actually have little idea what
mantra meditation is or it's basis and breadth and internal philosophy.