> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I was celibate myself for a long time, but it was a miserable
> > week, so I gave it up.
> >
> > Just kidding.  That's the line that used to get me laid a lot
> > back when I was working in the TM movement.  Really.  :-)
>
> Never worked for me. Then again, becoming a wannabe "world-class"
> classical guitarist never worked for me either. Owning my own rental
> property business hasn't worked either.

The world of guitar fans and real estate probably isn't full
of as many horny women dismayed by the fact that most
of the male guitarists and real estate agents they meet
have been seduced by the idea of celibacy and aren't
interested in them.

That was the situation in the TM movement in the 70s.  I
was never attracted to celibacy.  A lot of the guy teachers
were, or claimed to be.  My one-liner made my position
very clear, and as a result I made out like a bandit.

> My guess is it's a personality/personal appearance thing. When I was
> young and skinny and in good shape, women didn't care that I was
> strange OR that I was one of the better guitarists around. Now that
> I'm older, fat, out of shape, etc., personality becomes much more
> important.

I've never exactly been a Brad Pitt lookalike, but I managed
admirably anyway during that period, probably because it
was obvious that I was still interested in sex, and many of
the other guy teachers weren't.  In other words, if you had
been one of the *only* non-celibate guitarists around, I
suspect your "batting average" would have gone up.  :-)