From: Ravi Yogi <raviy...@att.net>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: another question for MZ, and maybe William of Occam
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 27, 2011, 3:38 AM

Dear maskedzebra - you look like a really nice guy and everything, there are
some things I really like about you like anyone else on this list but you need
to let go of your hallucinations and mystical deceit that you ever were
enlightened. I have a hard time explaining what Enlightenment is, it can only
be explained metaphorically(read some of Jim or Rory's posts), but I can easily
catch someone who is just bullshitting. And I could see you are bullshitting
when I first read your account on Mike Conley's blog that someone posted here a
few months back. This is what you said in response to wayback71 - " I feel
healthy and normal—at least compared my TM/Maharishi enlightenment days" and
this makes sense you seem to coming out of your hallucinations and intellectual
deceit, you are working, taking walks - this is a good thing.
Now why do I think you never were enlightened in the first place.

Maharishi seems to have done a great disservice by his detailed description of
UC, BC, BS but then he understood the greediness of the mind and the intellect,
it was just a carrot dangling at everyone understanding the goal oriented
nature of the humanmind. But there will always be idiots like you who will take
it literally and like you said project these sign posts, hallucinate and
intellectually deceive themselves into enlightenment.
MMY description were not supposed to be taken literally and that you did comes
very clearly in your posts.
Barry is more smarter than you. He is right - "Enlightenment has zero value for
others" and it's a highly subjective experience. I agree with him, I believe
its just next to impossible for someone to declare you  enlightened because
enlightenment cannot be declared for oneself and cannot be proclaimed on others.
I read you descriptions from 1976 in Switzerland on how everyone around could
feel you were enlightened (Quote "I met the standard of proof, even in the
estimation of the most skeptical and sophisticated of initiators") and let me
tell you it was just a hallucination if others could feel it and see it
somehow. I talk to many people daily and though people might characterize me as
funny, playful, sarcastic, irresponsible, immature - no one can access my inner
expansiveness, they can only deduce it or have a vague suspicion of something
different. Remember your favorite "solipsism"?
Enlightenment in most cases doesn't result in anything significant outside of
you and you are no Ammachi.
>From your description it's clear it's intellectual deceit - you think
>Enlightenment is something special -I quote you  "(I was) INCAPABLE of being
>bested in a one-on-one encounter with another human being") ,  "more
>versatile, more creative, more attuned, more commanding", "my enlightenment
>took was confronting the consciousness of those NOT in Unity
>Consciousness—those, that is, who desired to be the beneficiaries of my
>superior state of functioning".
Another quote of yours - "Not only did my consciousness rule the consciousness
of the other person. Any attempt by that other person to pit their
consciousness against my own, resulted in the dramatic demonstration that
indeed my consciousness was dominant, not just dominant in the influence it
expressed in terms of power and integrity and silence, but in the actual range
of creative and intelligent responsiveness. My repertoire of possible responses
to any person, or to any situation, was virtually unlimited—that is, while in
the state of Unity Consciousness.
Enlightenment doesn't mean now you are more dominant, you have power, integrity
or having a an unlimited repertoire of responses.
You are well advised to read some scriptures like Vasishtha Yoga or Tripura
Rahasyam, if not at least listen to some of the interviews on batgap -
enlightenment is nothing special, it's pretty mundane - this is one of the
areas where I struggled last year, I thought I need to do something special,
become a renunciate or a wandering monk..LOL.. since I had nothing left to do,
nowhere to go, it was only with the existence's and my Guru's blessings I was
able to integrate and let go of those stupid feelings. I realized I just had to
continue doing what I ad or continue what was for me in that moment. What I
should be doing could change tomorrow - to be fluid, to meet every moment in
its pristine virgin beauty - that is what enlightenment is - it is not
something special, it is not an acknowledgement from others. Enlightenment is
only from the perspective of oneself, never a judgment of others, cannot be
found outside of oneself.