I understand.  I was reading "hard stuff" even right before bed, and
enjoying it.   WSJ,or NYT, or even some business magazines.  But then I
got away from that but still wanted something to make me realize just
how tired I was.  I understand perfectly about magazines with things for
sale.  It's something that doesn't take a lot focus and just puts your
mind at rest.  For a while I was reading some of my favorite subject
matter like books about Atlantis or the pyramids.  I didn't even care
much about the credibility.  It was just something to occupy my mind for
a few minutes.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> For those last few minutes of the day I sometimes enjoy leafing
through catalogs we get in the mail, the ones filled with electronics
and gadgets I won't buy. I haven't figured out why people seem to be
obsessed with reading books. I can't recall the last time I read one
cover to cover - it has easily been years. Perhaps they are a fun
distraction for overactive minds - I don't know.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> > Thanks for the recommendations. I wish I could find something I
enjoy
> > reading for a few minutes before I drop off to sleep. I am so narrow
> > minded that I can't bring myself to read fiction and usually stick
with
> > something "spiritua"l in nature. But most of the modern new agey
type
> > books seem dull and full of platitudes. Lately I've been reading
some
> > of the lesser known early theosophists. Even that has been somewhat
> > dull.
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "danfriedman2002"
> > <danfriedman2002@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yesterday, I finished ¨Songs of >Kabir¨translated by Arvind
> > Krishna Mehrotra, with a Preface by Wendy Doniger. I found it
> > delightful, full of wisdom, and FUNNY¨. I,m certain that others
on
> > this Forem would enjoy the read.
> > >
> > > I began¨Great House¨, and am on page29. The author, Nicole
> > Krauss previously wrote ¨The Histoy of Love¨, which I loved.
Both
> > were given to me by my daughter (who, as you can expect introduces
her
> > Dad to new work). My daughter managed to get the auther to autograph
> > Great House, and presentewd it to me on my birthday. So far, the
setting
> > is the Upper West Side of Manhattan, where I have lived for most of
my
> > life. The narrator is an author, as are many in the ´hood´´.
> > >
> > > Probably, one of these will suit you, dpending on your interests.
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" steve.sundur@

gossip.

> > only

Several