--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Rory:
> > > Excellent question; I would have to say No... more a case of
> > > witnessing and unraveling the bodymind's samskaras/habit-
patterns

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > As in, releasing stress?
>
> Yes, with the proviso that it is (at some points) not at
> all "automatic," nor will simple TM and "normal" activity
necessarily
> do the trick. Sometimes we have to consciously face our pain,
using
> all of our inner resources -- not simply meditate away from it :-)

Yes, this was one of my big *wake up* calls. I had wondered for
years at what I saw as imperfections in the personalities of many
*Governors of the Age of Enlightenment*, since they had been
following Maharishi's instructions to the letter. Alarm bells were
going off- I couldn't reconcile what he said with the apparent
reality.

And also meditating away from my pain as you put it didn't work
either. Sometimes I'd have a deep clear experience and feel stress
free for awhile, but then find myself embroiled in this hideous
version of the world I had created for myself, with no way out, save
an expression Maharishi had used, "The world is as you are; live
unbounded awareness." I believed that, thuogh I had no tools from
Maharishi or the Movement to make the leap between where I was and
that.

So as Barry has put so well, I found a different perspective from
Maharishi's and that worked quite nicely thank you.