> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> <snippity snip>
>
> Do you see the difference between "You're trying to
> > avoid becoming enlightened" and "I perceive that the
> > way you're going about this is getting in the way of
> > your enlightenment"?
>
> Yes, the first phrasing is about you, and spoken directly to you,
> so that you are then given the choice to deal with the issue at
> hand, or not.
>
> The second phrasing is about me, and what my perceptions of you
> are, therefore bringing into question the validity of my
> perceptions. As I said earlier, while this may be a fascinating
> topic for you, it avoids the issue at hand; the removal of
> obstacles to enlightenment.
>
> So the difference to me is clear. You persist in making these
> semantic distinctions, which are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

So if an enlightened person tells me, "You're
trying to avoid become enlightened," I am to
assume that's the Way It Is?

I see.

> Do I believe
> that your motive of becoming enlightened is genuine? As Maharishi
> says, the prrof is in the pudding.

I'm really kind of astonished at how *prickly* this
topic seems to make many of you, as if it were
bringing up something you didn't really want to look
at yourselves.  What that could be, I have no idea.