> To differentiate between just having a passing flash of anger
> or envy or momentary feelings of spite and what I mean
> by "indulging in" such emotions, a example would help.

In theory only, not with reference to FFL.

<snip>
> My suggestion is that I think we have a couple of people on
> this forum who are in the same ballpark with regard to
> indulging in the past, and in their attachment to afflictive
> emotions that came up for them in that past. And I think it
> colors their perceptions as much as M's were colored by one
> tiny dog taking one tiny dump in one tiny garden. The original
> *incident* wasn't worth getting all bent out of shape over.
> But to allow it to warp her for YEARS? This is the danger
> that Buddhists see in indulging in the afflictive emotions.

Again, no parallel whatsoever to FFL. In my case, Barry
started shitting in my garden *before I ever even got
here*--just as he'd done on alt.m.t since 1994--and has
continued to do so at every opportunity. And by no means
have they been "tiny dumps." They've been huge festering,
smelly heaps.

Dan has also been subjected to continual big dumps by
Barry, not just one little dump in the distant past.
Unlike me, Dan has refrained from dumping back, to his
credit. That doesn't stop Barry, unfortunately.

Barry is *possessed* by afflictive emotions; most of
his posts involve dumping in somebody's garden. Barry
is far more endangered by his afflictive emotions than
anybody else on this forum, because *he doesn't
recognize them in himself*.