--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "danfriedman2002" <danfriedman2002@...>
wrote:

> Also, you obvious desire to eliminate any dissent on "his Yahoo
> group", is obvious and misplaced. I have never expressed an
>"intent to unsubscribe".

I misinterpreted your words:

"Then I registered on Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi, but recommend staying away from
this Yahoo Group; as a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel my membership in it
right now."

I assumed "this Yahoo Group" was referring to the one you posted it on (FFL),
as opposed to the other group, Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi. It sounded to me like you
were going to cancel your membership in FFL.

My desire isn't so much to eliminate dissent but to eliminate needless,
unproductive whining about meta issues. When the posting limits were proposed,
there was support behind it from a lot of people, and the limits were put in
place (BTW, I was not in favor of posting limits.) You, OTOH, are a single
voice whining about how the group is run, with no one joining in to support
you. And, my recollection is that this isn't the first time you've done this.

Requesting a ban on forwarded emails is a major restriction on what is
otherwise an extreme free speech zone. That rule would mean that the
informational TMO emails that Dick Mays posts here would be against the rules.
So, how do we allow people to post useful info in the form of forwarded emails
while preventing people from posting forwarded emails that Dan Friedman, alone,
doesn't think should be posted? Make FFL moderated, you a moderator, and have
you approve every post? Not gonna happen.