Our country has moved so far to the right that there's hardly any difference
between a Republican who wants to cut Social Security and Medicare and a
Democrat who wants to cut Social Security and Medicare but raise taxes
slightly.  Ronald Reagan raised taxes and IMO was more of a Democrat than
Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-budget-deals-of-reagan-bush-clinton-and-obama-in-one-chart/2011/07/06/gIQA98w11H_blog.html