--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> Shoes require the same pre-soaking as salt cod. Then I recommend
> a pressure cooker like you are cooking tendon.

That's fine if you're still living a primitive, 20th century existence. But,
being the über-elite, 21st century, hipster foodie that I am, I prefer sous
vide for tough proteins. I made my set-up with a rice cooker and a PID
controller from:

http://www.auberins.com/

But, that was before they came out with this unit, which is what I would buy
today:

http://www.sousvidesupreme.com/

In all seriousness, though, after 48 hours at 134 deg F, you can cut beef heart
with a fork. And, actually... um... just today I tossed homemade chicken stock
and a whole pastured chicken into the pressure cooker for some quick comfort
food to ease the emotional malaise of turning 50.