--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

> RC:
>

> This is standard fundamentalism and is straight out of a Jack Chick
> cartoon. "I was deceived by Hindoo demons posing as angels" is
> laughable.
>

> You are still blaming someone else for your spiritual delusions.
>

> In the Orthodox Church they understand this and call it "prelest". It is
> a subtle but quite strong ego attachment to your "spiritual states"
> which are really only psyche-referencings. The Orthodox, of course, like
> to describe it in  theologic-anthropologic language but the principal is
> the same although it is variously described in differing spiritual
> traditions.
>

> There is no enlightenment for you to gain and then loose - much less to
> deny. There is only Aufklärung
> <http://bar.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aufkl%C3%A4rung>  – clearing up. Your
> awareness never changed and never needing changing – it was complete
> and whole before you were born and it is just like this now.
>

> Nothing can be "humbled" but your self-image. The rest of you
> continues onward … with all of your sanskara-s intact.
>

> Read it and weep.
> …………………………………………………………………………….
> RESPONSE: Good to finally get *that* cleared up, emptybill. But why do these
> Orthodox guys have such a problem imagining the procession of the Holy Ghost
> from the Son? If they hadn't taken such a hard line on that matter—severing
> themselves from those nice guys in Rome—why I would have to believe you in
> what you tell me here.

But being a dogmatic loyalist (to the posthumous Church of Rome) just on
principle I refuse to be swayed by your analysis here. Do you blame me?

There is only one "spiritual tradition" for me: The one which made the
murderous wolf obey Saint Francis—outdoing even Curtis—although, if Curtis
decided to start up his own church, I would certainly come to his first
service. After all, he's pretty persuasive with the monkeys and the parrots and
the cats.

You are asking me to give up the understanding that has formed through all my
suffering and confusion and terror—and grace. That's not easy, emptybill. I
need to hear more.

Meanwhile, I appreciate being given directions to the heavenly city of Truth.

I think you may have missed a few of my virtues by the way.

Robin