<anartaxius@> wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > For example Judy said (below) that I should observe duality's
> > > rules of fair play. So many claim that life is not fair. I
> > > don't know if that rule exists. How do you show that such a
> > > rule exists?
> >
> > Don't you think the fact that "so many people claim that
> > life is not fair" indicates some consensus as to what
> > constitutes fairness? Not everyone agrees on every
> > aspect, of course, but we do realize that "Life isn't
> > isn't just a nonsense statement like, e.g., "Tuesday is
> > in the key of E-sharp minor."
>
> Ooops. Should be, "but we do realize that "Life isn't
> fair isn't just..."

Ad Populum logical fallacy:

The Appeal to Popularity has the following form:
Most people approve of X (have favourable emotions towards X).
Therefore X is true.
The basic idea is that a claim is accepted as being true simply because
most people are favourably inclined towards the claim. More formally,
the fact that most people have favourable emotions associated with the
claim is substituted in place of actual evidence for the claim. A person
falls prey to this fallacy if he accepts a claim as being true simply
because most other people approve of the claim.

In quoting this I do not mean to imply your argument that I should stay
within more restrictive logical bounds is not without merit, for other
reasons.

Suppose I spent Tuesday composing a piece of music in E-sharp minor.
Maybe that day would seem subjectively like it was in E-sharp minor.
However I would choose f-minor instead because it would require fewer
accidentals in the notation. I don't think anyone has ever written a
piece in E-sharp minor. And pitch is relative. If I were to compose such
a piece for an old baroque French harpsichord, I could tune it to the
old Baroque French concert pitch approximately a=396Hz. Then I could
write the music in g-minor, but it would sound to modern ears as if in
the current modern e-sharp minor or f-minor, but with two less
accidentals in the notation compared to f-minor.

Well, back up the mountain. It is such a drudge to climb the mountain.
But the cool thing is, when you get to the top, it disappears.