On 09/18/2011 01:21 PM, Vaj wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> Just looking at the posts on FFL I see it is the "same ol' same ol'" IOW
>> people stuck in the past with little interest in the present or future.
>> I downloaded the video and got a little sick of the naive descriptions
>> and TM buzzwords. Many of the "saints" probably have about the same
>> level of experience of some of the members here. After all we're mainly
>> a bunch of old farts who have been practicing some form of sadhana for
>> years (TM or otherwise) and "saints" are about the same thing. But ya
>> know some folks still believe in Superman.
>
> I know, I feel the same way.
>
> And I have to say Anandamayi Ma, while praised by many, seemed to have way
> too many rather apparent signs of mental illness. That anyone could consider
> MMY a SAINT or of any major importance after all the revelations on him that
> have come to light in the last decade or two needs to have their head
> examined. It's great he helped popularize meditation, but beyond that, he's
> just another Hindu Donald Trump…with less morals.
>
> The most poignant part of his whole soliloquy was the fact all the dandi
> sanyasis were outraged that Mahesh was teaching meditation. They knew.

I will say that Anandamayi Ma, if indeed who MMY brought with him to our
TTC, glowed like a light bulb.  It is a face I'll never forget. Some
folks insist she never left India so maybe MMY smuggled her out or she
traveled at the speed of thought to Europe.  The woman he brought with
him looks like Ma's pictures.  My tantra teacher also visited her and
said she was a very kind and humble soul.   Folks on the TTC called her
"Maharishi's girlfriend." ;-)

Baghavan Das once said that he thought it was easier to do sadhana in
the US than in India.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: