This is what happens when you don't have your distribution together.
The US is a big market and probably the best channel to promote the DVD
is through political sites where people express concerns about cults,
etc.  I don't know how well it would go over at holistic expos but that
is another possibility.   Many people don't want to "buy" though and
would prefer to just rent the DVD or see it streaming.  We don't know
the back story but the little company could be terrified that the TMO
might come after them in the US.  But that would also be bad publicity
for the TMO and picked up by news sites that do stories on things like
Scientology.