Great review, Curtis. The benevolence extended to me
as well, but I'm on the road right now and hotels take
a dim view of you downloading megabytes of film on their
WiFi so I guess watching it myself (and any review com-
ments I might care to make) will have to wait until I
get home.

Just as an aside, if you studied Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,
you should really see David Mamet's "Redbelt." Mamet
has studied it himself for many years, and so in many
ways this film is as much his tribute to his idealized
view of that discipline as a TMO documentary would be
of its own. Even though Chiwetel Ejiofor studied 8-12
hours a day for several months to play the lead, Mamet
wisely doesn't ask that much of him, martial arts-wise,
and just lets him emote. But this story from the Trivia
page for the film on the IMDB gives you a glimpse of
who Mamet is:

In an interview on National Public Radio's "Fresh Air,"
Chiwetel Ejiofor said that he thought he'd challenge
David Mamet to a friendly sparring match (keeping in
mind Mamet had been a practitioner of jiu-jitsu for
some years compared to Ejiofor's training for a few
months). They squared off, and Mamet stepped on Ejiofor's
foot with all his weight. Ejiofor couldn't free his foot
and was vulnerable to attack. Mamet said words to the
effect that "This match is over."

And now off to check out the nightlife in Barcelona...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>