<snip>
> As for people claiming not to know that deleting a post
> doesn't affect their Post Count, given  the number of
> times the Post Count mechanism has been explained on this
> forum, and how recently, I find it difficult to
> comprehend that level of stupidity. If you sent it, it's
> counted.

In fact, before July 29, deletions *did* affect the
Post Count--not what the software registered, but
the count the moderators considered when deciding
whether someone had overposted. It's the latter I
was referring to, of course, not the former.

This changed on July 29, when Rick ruled that
deletions would no longer be considered to have
reduced the number of posts a person had made that
week.

I had to go back just now and do a search for Rick's
post to see what the ruling had been, because since
then it has *not* been explained or referred to until
now, contrary to Barry's claim.

Barry also pretends to have forgotten why Rick had to
make that ruling: Because Vaj had deliberately,
flagrantly abused the previous ruling, in which
deletions were not counted, as a challenge to the
moderators. He intentionally overposted, then went
back and made random deletions of his previous posts
to keep his effective count at 50.

Previously there had been a certain amount of
flexibility--including but not limited to not
counting deletions--in which Alex or Rick could
excuse or not excuse a 50-plus count depending on
the situation.

But Alex (mostly) and Rick (occasionally) were
repeatedly subjected to abusive tirades from other
posters--often including Barry--concerning the
perceived fairness or unfairness of those decisions.

Vaj's nose-thumbing stunt was the last straw. Alex
threatened to quit as moderator, and Rick made an
executive decision, in post #284483, which I reproduce
below to document what happened and refute Barry's
knowingly false claims:

-----