You apparently never read "Stand on Zanzabar" back in 1969.
As Bennie Noakes would say ... "Christ what an imagination I've got."

Tart:
Perhaps N. would say its nothing of substance, just (imaginary) bubbles
in
Consciousness, a flicker of the mind, which itself is just a flicker.
(flicker
being a word one can easily misread if one is reading rapidly, and in
that vein,
it raises another way of looking at it, "Its ALL just one huge Mind
Fuck!"

........................................................................\

In "Stand on Zanzabar" -- John Brunner's great, sprawling,
sprinting, lunatic of a novel written in 1968 – the author foresees
the world of 2010 as a place where
<http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandOnZanzibar> :
"…the  population of Earth has reached 7 billion. The Soviet Union
is defunct  as a superpower, but China is rapidly industrializing and
increasing in  power. Giant corporations have large enough economies to
control entire  countries.

In-vitro fertilization and genetic mapping are becoming a reality.

A computer the size of a large book is more powerful than the most
massive supercomputers of the Sixties.

Personalized digital avatars of yourself feature in everyday
entertainment.

Religious denominations are rapidly polarizing on moral issues like
abortion.

And ordinary people suddenly snap and go on killing sprees in schools,
workplaces, and malls."One  of the famous through lines of the
multi-viewpoint novel is provided by  a stoner named Bennie Noakes, who
spends most of his time wasted on a  drug called Triptine, randomly
flipping through the 1000 channels  available on the tv and musing
"Christ, what an imagination I've got!"because the sheer weirdness of
what he is seeing is getting so dense that it has become impossible for
him to believe it.

The "wham line"  that ends the novel comes from
"Shalmaneser", the great supercomputer  which controls the media
(think Google Cloud) and the economies of much of the planet.  And
which, having been forced to absorb endless petabytes of data about the
totality of the human condition
"SCANALYZER  is the one single, the ONLY study of the news in depth
that's processed  by General Technics' famed computer Shalmaneser, who
sees all, hears  all, knows all save only that which YOU, Mr, and Mrs.
Everywhere, wish  to keep to yourselves."finally comes to this:
Bathed in his currents of liquid helium, self-contained, immobile,
vastly well informed by every electrical-mechanical sense: Shalmaneser.

Every now and again there passes through his circuits a 010101 pulse
which carries the cybernetic equivalent of the phrase, "Christ, what an
imagination I've got."

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "marekreavis" reavismarek@
wrote:

> > Thanks for the Nisargadatta quote, Tartbrain. I'm not the
hero-worshipped I once was, but Nisargadatta still gets my attention.

> I have read little of him, but picked up and read some of I AM THAT
yesterday. I like him. He explained much better the point that I was
getting at in my "Cafe" post of yesterday.