There is an East/West bookstore in Mountain View, nearby - I haven't been there
for awhile, though I sometimes enjoy looking for little deity statues there,
action figures of the Divine.

I used to teach courses on data communications in Bellevue pretty regularly. I
remember I saw "Jurassic Park" there when it opened, and stayed in a very cool
hotel made up of cottages along a stream, in the mid-90's.