The original, world-famous awareness test from Daniel Simons and
Christopher Chabris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo&feature=player_embedded
http://tinyurl.com/yjhpv7j
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> From one angle, its like a perpetual motion machine: Barry ignores the
gorilla next to him, causing inadvertent leakage onto FFL, which you
immediately detect and point out, which he then must inhibit as an
outlet, so pressure from you, AND the unacknowledged gorilla right next
to him, squeezes him up pretty tight. Which he then releases through
leakage onto FFL...and the cycle repeats itself.

> Endless fuel for pointing out, or an endless supply of clay pigeons
for shooting down, or whatever. Just don't look at the gorilla, whatever
you do, don't look. It is a fascinating game he plays. Unknowingly I am
sure, and yet, there he is behind his glass curtain, tapping away. :-)

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" jstein@ wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, obbajeeba <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Judy and Barry, fess up. What kind of hot relationship did
> > > or are you two having?
> >
> > Obbajeeba, that is so *old*. You're only about
> > the 50th person to make that suggestion.
> >
> > For the record: Barry and I have *never* liked
> > each other. Trust me on this. How could I like
> > somebody I'm convinced is a fraud and a phony?
> > How could he like somebody who keeps exposing
> > him as a fraud and a phony?
> >
> > We first encountered each other 16 years ago on
> > alt.meditation.transcendental. If our opinion of
> > each other has only *declined* over the years,
> > it ain't likely ever to get much better.
> >
> > 'Nuff said.
> >

> > >  It is obvious, there is some chemistry between you.
> > > Was Judy the one Barry was banging when the Merv show incident
came out?
> > >  Barry is probably not in some coffee house in Amsterdam, he is
most likely sitting right next to or Judy is sitting on his lap typing
all this. Barry, puffing on a cigar, five o'clock shadow, robe open,
grey hair fluffing out as Judy thinks kitty, rubs her hand on the keys,
stroking the ever graceful polite compliments he suggests.....

[http://www.cats-on-tshirts.com/images/cat_designs_200x200/design_missCr\
\