On Nov 7, 2011, at 10:17 AM, jpgillam wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2011, at 8:58 PM, "johnt" wrote:
>
> > You never will in a TM context, but if you study some of Milton Erickson, Bandler and Grinder and other related sources you will find that each part of a TM initiation has a well studied neurolinguistic effect which in this case is very effective at producing a self transcending accessing cue which accesses an experience at a primal (original) level prior to subsequent conditioning
>
> It's called the placebo effect silly.

I thought the placebo effect tended to
go away after a few weeks. I've been getting
results from the TM puja for 34 years. It
stills my mind. I recite it often, for
that purpose.

The way we know the TM puja and initiation process acts like a placebo is because independent researchers fabricated a faux-TM instruction and were able to get the exact same results as TM - the same EEG profile and relaxation response, everything. So it's not the mantra at all, it's the inculcation of belief. The puja is dramatic and convincing to most types of people who self-select based on the intro lecture (and we actually know what types of people self-select TM).