--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" wrote:

> [snip]it's not responsive to Patrick's
> experience of getting the same results for 34 years
> from *performing* the puja.

I should clarify that I don't have to
perform the puja to get results. I sing
it aloud or recite it mentally.

My most profound experience of the stilling
power of the puja occurred when I was learning
it on my TM teacher training course. One
afternoon upon finishing my rounds I sang
the puja as I sat on my bed. Afterward, I
had intended to mentally review some other
material I was memorizing, but I could not
summon a thought. I was awake and alert, but
I was mentally constipated. I just stared at
the wall for a few minutes before I could get
a thought to bubble up. That's when I realized
that the purpose of the puja was to shift my
center from my thoughts and feelings to the
stillness of consciousness itself, which, by
the way, is a good definition of a first stage
of enlightenment.