--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2011, at 4:38 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't use the words "placebo effect," as Vaj
> > does
>

> I'd more specifically call it "expectation effect from
> indoctrination, that expectation creating a style of placebo
> relaxation response."
>
> It really seems to center around belief.

Well, duh! That's rather exactly what according to PJ seems to
be the conditio sine qua non of (asaMprajñaata?)-samaadhi
(for upaaya-pratyaya-yogi_s):

*shraddhaa*-viirya-smRti-samaadhi-prajñaa-puurvaka
itareSaam!

shraddhA        f. faith , trust , confidence , trustfulness , faithfulness ,
belief in...