-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> Okay, this is your "Amy" riff of the day.

LOL. I get that. :-)
. . .
> While I'm at head trips folks here may want to check the Milla
> Jovovich movie "Face in the Crowd".  This is a psychological
> thriller where she plays a woman who suffer "face blindness",
> the inability to remember people's faces. This is not a really
> great movie but they did pull off the experience of face
> blindness very well.  And that makes it quite a head trip
> as you're not sure who she's talking to or meeting with.
> http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Faces_in_the_Crowd/70201277
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536410/

Thanks for mentioning this. I will check it out,
possibly even later tonight, since it turned out
to be a 20-minute download. Pirate. :-) Anyway,
I would probably watch it just for Milla Jovovich
I've been a real fan ever since I learned that
she made up Leeloo's language in "The Fifth
Element". I even liked her in the "Three Musk-
eteers" movie I ragged on recently. Trapped in
a videogame production and script, I thought she
did a damned good job as Milady Winter, one of
the greatest female characters ever created in
literature. She definitely brought a new light
to the character.

Since we're on the subject of movies, I'm 32
minutes into "A Dangerous Method." The fact that
I've paused it to read FFL should not be taken as
a positive review. :-)

So far, it's got the period and its mannerisms
down pat, but it's also been a curious mix of
underacting on the part of heavyweights Viggo
Mortenson (as Sigmund Freud) and Michael
Fassbinder (as Carl Jung), and overacting on
the part of Keira Knightley (as Sabina Spielrein,
former patient of both, who went on to become
a noted therapist herself).

I'll be interested in seeing how it portrays the
disputes that Jung had with Freud. All three of
the original characters were certainly fundamental
to the birth of the science we call psychoanalysis.
A good scene involves Freud, in his first meeting
with Jung, "correcting" him, Judy-style, when he
calls what they're co-inventing "psychanalysis."
Freud tells him in no uncertain terms that his
word "psychoanalysis" is better. As portrayed
here, Freud was clearly a man used to getting
his own way.

The main problem I have with watching this movie
is that I keep chuckling at inappropriate points
during the dialogue between Freud and Jung, because
I keep remembering this Loose Parts cartoon.  :-)

  [http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/2928b550a05b012e2f8200163e41dd5b]