emptybill:

Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert is music that stays with me. I only posted Joe
MacDonald because, back in 1967, the metaphysical context of this particular
song carried with it the alteration of my consciousness under LSD. And the
extraordinary confrontation I felt of my individual egohood. In some sense,
under the influence of psychedelic drugs I dreamed of being able to go through
the reality of The Tibetan Book of the Dead—and attain some kind of
consummation of consciousness—first experienced under drugs. And Maharishi and
TM did in fact produce the ultimate resolution of my LSD experience—and took
"Grace" by Country Joe and the Fish to its logical spiritual limits. This was
Unity Consciousness

So I was not posting this in order praise the music. I don't listen to Joe
MacDonald any more. But had it not been for drugs and music like this (which
contextualized the psychedelic experience) I would never have taken up TM—or
gone anywhere near an Indian Guru. Before drugs—and the pantheistic experiences
they produced—I felt the alienness of the East—and its gods of enlightenment.
But when I listened to "Grace"—back then in 1967—I knew I would never be the
same, and I sought to do justice to what has been revealed to me under LSD.

Maharishi and TM went way past this experience, and provided me with the most
profound realization of this ego death and oneness of everything experience I
could have imagined. so, then, emptybill, I was only posting this in order to
make a point: To participate in the context of experience suggested by Country
Joe and the Fish's "Grace" was, for me at least, to implicitly aim one's life
in the direction of the East—and that state of awareness which would be a
permanently altered state of consciousness. And this in fact is exactly what
happened. LSD was the gateway drug to TM—and enlightenment.

For me now listening to this music I only get the sense of the beautiful
hallucination of it all. Same with what happened to me via TM: my purported
enlightenment.

Jefferson Airplane and Tomorrow Never Knows are the same. If it weren't for the
psychedelic experience and the sixties, TM and Maharishi would never have
caught on. LSD and the sixties 'made' Maharishi. If not for these cultural
revolution—in terms of the metaphysics of consciousness—Maharishi and TM would
be hardly known at all in the world. The Beatles, for example, they catapulted
Maharishi into the stratosphere of fame, and until the late seventies, he never
came down.

You see, then, emptybill, I was only making a point about how I came to devote
my life to attaining enlightenment through Maharishi and Transcendental
Meditation. It started with listening to music like this. The universality of
experience where egos were asked to die into the oneness of this love.

It was a lie.