Your East-West opposition is incorrectly conceptualized.

Theistic theory and practice is the norm in Indian systems of practice,
not Shankara's form of "non-duality alone" (kevala advaita
vedanta). Even Advaita is composed of different types, like the
theistic, qualified advaita of Ramanuja or the non-thinkable
dualism/non-dualism of the Gaudiya's (achintya bhedabheda) known
here in the West as HariKrishnas. It also doesn't cover the strict
monothestic dualism of Madhva, who has a large and strong following in
India.

All of these lineages are based upon love of a Monotheistic God, just
not your brand of loyalty to YHVH-Hesoos (and Him crucified).

For my part, I have already provided you with references to some of the
deeper parts of authentic Christian spirituality. What you do or do not,
what you learn or ignore … all is solely your choice.

However, for you to generalize in your own way about "the East",
based upon such rudimentary knowledge, is to promote just another form
of thoughtless, doctrinaire Christianity … something along the lines
of the Catholic evangelism of This Rock magazine (now called Catholic
Answers magazine).

However, if this is your declaration of your view, and is your real
reason for being here on FFL, then I call you a zealot, a proselyte, a
deceiver, a satan (look up the meaning), a hater of men for the love of
your petty god.

Read it and weep or pray to your genocidal daddy to kill me. Either way,
daimons don't scare me nor do foolish tears.

…………………………………………………………………………….

MZ:

You see, then, emptybill, I was only making a point about how I came to
devote my life to attaining enlightenment through Maharishi and
Transcendental
Meditation. It started with listening to music like this. The
universality of experience where egos were asked to die into the oneness
of this love.

It was a lie.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> emptybill:
>
> Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert is music that stays with me. I only
posted Joe MacDonald because, back in 1967, the metaphysical context of
this particular song carried with it the alteration of my consciousness
under LSD. And the extraordinary confrontation I felt of my individual
egohood. In some sense, under the influence of psychedelic drugs I
dreamed of being able to go through the reality of The Tibetan Book of
the Dead—and attain some kind of consummation of
consciousness—first experienced under drugs. And Maharishi and TM
did in fact produce the ultimate resolution of my LSD experience—and
took "Grace" by Country Joe and the Fish to its logical spiritual
limits. This was Unity Consciousness

> So I was not posting this in order praise the music. I don't listen to
Joe MacDonald any more. But had it not been for drugs and music like
this (which contextualized the psychedelic experience) I would never
have taken up TM—or gone anywhere near an Indian Guru. Before
drugs—and the pantheistic experiences they produced—I felt the
alienness of the East—and its gods of enlightenment. But when I
listened to "Grace"—back then in 1967—I knew I would never be
the same, and I sought to do justice to what has been revealed to me
under LSD.

> Maharishi and TM went way past this experience, and provided me with
the most profound realization of this ego death and oneness of
everything experience I could have imagined. so, then, emptybill, I was
only posting this in order to make a point: To participate in the
context of experience suggested by Country Joe and the Fish's "Grace"
was, for me at least, to implicitly aim one's life in the direction of
the East—and that state of awareness which would be a permanently
altered state of consciousness. And this in fact is exactly what
happened. LSD was the gateway drug to TM—and enlightenment.

> For me now listening to this music I only get the sense of the
beautiful hallucination of it all. Same with what happened to me via TM:
my purported enlightenment.

> Jefferson Airplane and Tomorrow Never Knows are the same. If it
weren't for the psychedelic experience and the sixties, TM and Maharishi
would never have caught on. LSD and the sixties 'made' Maharishi. If not
for these cultural revolution—in terms of the metaphysics of
consciousness—Maharishi and TM would be hardly known at all in the
world. The Beatles, for example, they catapulted Maharishi into the
stratosphere of fame, and until the late seventies, he never came down.

> You see, then, emptybill, I was only making a point about how I came
to devote my life to attaining enlightenment through Maharishi and
Transcendental Meditation. It started with listening to music like this.
The universality of experience where egos were asked to die into the
oneness of this love.

> It was a lie.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> >
> > WTF ???
> >
> > We are to be impressed by a songwriter praising Joe Stalin and Mao
Ze