--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@>
> wrote:
> >

> > I'm more a sucker for a good dance beat and a catchy melody. I generally
> > don't listen to pop music, but Petra managed to get me hooked on Katy
> > Perry's song 'Firework', and I found a cover version on YouTube by an a
> > cappella singer/beatboxer that I like even better than the original. And
> > yesterday, on his YouTube channel, I found a cover version of a song I'd
> > never heard by singers I don't know, and it has been my musical crack
> > cocaine all day:
> >
> > http://youtu.be/eaDS3yktLlY
> >
> > Keep in mind that every sound is made by either voice or mouth.
> >

> Alex, if this doesn't set your toes a-tappin' and get you funky cooking in
> your kitchen, I don't know what will:
>
> "Gaga Dance Beat for Alex"
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/106545400900838340106/GagaDanceBeatForAlex?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKfqwqfQ5av-EQ&feat=directlink
> http://tinyurl.com/7dkk7yc

I like that performance a lot more than the other one because it clearly has a
danceable beat, but the melody just doesn't grab me. Some songs have that
magic, and some don't. And, some artists have magic phases and less than magic
phases, like Madonna and Bjork. I love their catchy pop tunes from way back
when, but their newer stuff leaves me flat.