--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Darling Obbajeeba,
> >
> > I can't get rid of the hate in my heart, so please bear with me while I
> > attack you without cause.
> >
> > Did you watch Ellen Degeneres open that David Lynch Foundation event? And
> > did you read Bob Price's wife's post attempting to persuade Emily to start
> > Transcendental Meditation? And do you recall when TM for you was the best
> > thing going—before the 1980's, that is? (By the way, I am going to assume
> > you are an initiator; if you are not then some of my comments here are not,
> > for you, completely on the mark.)
> >
> > No one could see anything about Ellen Degeneres (or for that matter in
> > Martin Scorsese's comments) or in 'Mrs. Price's' commentary which would
> > imply any kind of influence over their own individualism and originality.
> > TM is the most subtle and efficacious technique there is to produce a
> > blissful experience, and the most subtle kind of changes—almost
> > immediately—in one's personal life. If you listen to Ellen read what Mrs.
> > Price says in her post, you realize that TM, mechanically and efficaciously
> > considered, beats any other spiritual technique in existence—I would even
> > say (from an Eastern point of view) ever. The fact that in doing TM one
> > does not change anything about oneself in terms of one's own values,
> > beliefs, or life style—and Ellen when she extolled the benefits of TM was
> > as convincing and persuasive as anyone could be—likewise when 'Mrs Price'
> > wrote her letter to Emily—is something without precedent. There is no
> > 'technique' that I know of which is not wedded to some belief system in the
> > very practising of that technique. Not so TM.
> >
> > Transcendental Meditation, therefore, in my opinion, obbajeeba, is sui
> > generis, intrinsically unique, like nothing else. Doing TM does not
> > resemble doing anything else. There is—this is my argument based upon
> > empirical evidence—absolutely no cross-pollination with any other technique
> > or forms of meditation. In fact, I contend that whatever alternative
> > spiritual tradition a former TMer turns to—especially a former initiator—he
> > or she will approach, and even practise—and evaluate—that new technique
> > *entirely in terms of their pervious experience of Transcendental
> > Meditation*. TM is not just different, obbajeeba; it is distinct and
> > separate from everything else spiritually in existence.
> >
> > This is why Rick Archer always comes off—to me at least—as so much more
> > conversant with the religious forms of experience, with spiritual reality,
> > with how to understand states of consciousness than any of his guests
> > (except for the TM ones: like Phil Goldberg and Dana Sawyer). Despite
> > turning from TM and Maharishi, his nervous system has been schooled in the
> > TM-Maharishi-Guru Dev universe, and this shows through at every level of
> > himself. Even as he now professes to have a more authentic religious
> [...]

Beautiful yes, thank you, Nabby. This will be ever going as there are no last
words for such word as, "evergoing."
No Christmas presents for you!  St. Nick is Jolly.

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your insight and sharing with us what your perception and
experiences have been the the TMO.

Without cause, is correct. I am not an initiator. Also, I was not part of the
mass droves of music fans that flocked to the time to find a new religion,
meaning when I learned TM, it was not because a famous person learned it and
excited me to take notice. Nor was there drugs or alcohol involved as a problem
or any recreational usage before learning TM. (One of the few who filled out
applications without having to lie on it.)

 *We= you (not me)

I am so sorry you had gone through those experiences.
St. Nicholas hit the nail on the head with you. As children, we were anxious to
see what Santa would bring us. We knew we had to be good.  We also were aware
of our Nativity and Jesus being the Savior.
There seeemed to be something not right in the 1960's and the kids knew
something was up, but couldn't place a finger on it. So they protested and gave
free love and escaped to the free mind, and music was the aphrodisiac and we
wanted Jesus to keep us safe, because Jesus and Santa were always told to be
there for us.
We wanted Jesus to walk off that cross he was nailed to, and into our hearts,
but he stayed there, on a wall, on a coffin, above the alter, so any real
meanings of truth, when they presented themselves, we scurried to that, truth.
 The great part of that, many have good experiences and peace.
 The bad part is the legend climbed along with it.
 The Maharishi, whether intentional or not, lead knowledge to people who
already had been hidden in Pied Pipers's land and that is a big rock to remove
out of the brains of the children who were brainwashed.
Not to blame the TMO or the Maharishi or Guru Dev. These families were already
like this.
If one goes to India with Indians, where do you see a congregation of regulars
every Sunday, and also voting for the separation of church and state
representatives?
 Do you see Mommy pushing the Diebold electronic voting machine at the Hanuman
Temple?
At the Shri Maha Shiva Temple?
Where do the Brahmans who could easily gain title as a Guru belong in the TMO?
Are they considered Saints?
What the heck is a Saint?, my dear Robin.
I only know of Saint Luke, Saint Nicholas.

The point I was making below your admission to being really fucked up in your
belief system from following gods or God or maybe the drugs that were presented
in the make love not war generation as the wars continue non stop with the
maturing generation of hippies as if the thoughts of stopping the wars was or
is enough by noticing them, the point I was making is when we initiate children
to a stress reducing technique, what is not going to fly, and it will show up
when the hippies are in their 80's, the children will be hurling those
wheelchairs with hippies over the cliffs, if some perception like what Buck has
presented is not thought about carefully. (Letting Sidhas back into the domes,
who wish to practice their TM-Sidhis there.)

I plan on having the youngsters care give my old bones with live flesh and mind
still attached to a heart of gold. So far, I have their respect by treating
them like human beings and not filling their heads full of shit without giving
the children the option to rebuttal.
This works for me.
Back to the point, the TMO or the David Lynch Foundation could think about
being careful with these strict requirements that are hidden upon at the
beginning of learning the program, then slowly, fear is added as what not to
do, as their consciousness grows (or opinion of who is growing by an initiator)
or have meditated for a while, the rules list grows.
 A good meditation needs no other instruction than the good meditation's
working results in spontaneous right action.

Show me a Brahman that would not agree with me, I will show you a whiskey
drinker.