So now you are Vag, the critiquer of Christian contemplation –
knower of what's authentic and what is not. How illuminating of you.

So where did you arrive at direct experience of Christian contemplation?

Have you submitted yourself to the teachings of a Catholic or Orthodox
priest/theologian of the church?

Do you follow a Catholic or Orthodox sacramental life?

Do you claim to have a teacher/starets of noetic prayer?

If you cannot declare your allegiance to one of these essential
ingredients of Christian contemplative life then you only know about it
from something you've read.

If so, then you don't know what you are talking about in this realm.
If you do have a Christian contemplative teacher, then who is it?

Confess or shut up your pompous posturing.

…………………………………………………………………………..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2011, at 3:01 PM, maskedzebra wrote:
>
> > One thing (you wouldn't know about this personally) about TM and
Maharishi: it makes you contemptuous and patronizing when it comes to
discussing Christianity.

> Well, unfortunately for you, you've probably lost the best conduit to
speak deeply re: Christianity & TM in the person of Rev. Curtis D. Blues
- as he's the person on this list who spent the most time and attention
(that I'm aware of) getting to know the Catholic
priest-meditators-as-TMers - the biggies (most if not all whom saw
through the veneer of the Faux Holey Tradition and parted ways with TM).
I think those who drank deeply of a mystical Christianity broke easily
with the sandy ground of TM, based on the rock of their
Christ-consciousness. Those with a more superficial Christian
sand-consciousness are doomed to the purgatory of up-bubbling mantra
till they part their mortal frame…

> At one time Christian Centering Prayer actually resembled TM, although
now, not at all. I attribute that change to the Catholic contemplative
break with TM-as-perrenialist-panacea … and Thomas Keating.

> > But I think the real giveaway about the East is its implicit sense
of superiority over Catholicism, when in fact this very posture is
itself evidence of something ultimately not in agreement with reality.

> Depends on the POV - the "east" is not one homogeneous whole - it's
many Points of View, sometimes not merely differing paths on the same
mountain (the Perennialists view), but more frequently different
mountains altogether.

> > You never knew who Tim Tebow was a few weeks ago. I am glad you are
now fully au courant.

> On reflection, I had heard of him, I just had little interest. For me,
commercial sports is the primary mechanism for embruing the
acceptability of endless war on our children.

> > But you are right: I will be ambivalent tomorrow; I like the Tebow
miracle storyline, but I also love those Bill Belichick-coached
Patriots. Tom Brady and Sidney Crosby and Roger Federer and Jonny
Wilkenson are my favourite athletes.

> > But I do like Tim Tebow very much: if only for his impressive
humility.

> Indeed, a wonderful human quality so lacking in Christofascism; but I
do not know enough of Mr. Tebow to comment on his humility. I believe it
was you who once said the sole redeeming quality of mundane Christianity
was to keep a person clean till their next life (after which time they'd
presumably take up a higher path).