zarzari:
> > Not Brahma Chaitanya, but Brahmi Chetana...

Brahman Consciousness or brahmi chetana. All of the
acharyas of Vedanta point to this state of being.

"O Svetaketu, do you understand what I am telling
you? This great but most essence of all the worlds
is the Truth, the Atman, the Supreme Reality within
you, and you are THAT" - Uddalaka - Chhandogya U.

> But I agree with him that the categories of his
> system and the definitions of MMY are different
> from tradition...

Not so different, it seems to me. For example, in
Brahmi Chetana you no longer are in a relationship
to this creation because you are this creation,
Brahman. In this state, according to MMY, there is
no duality, there is no other, because when all
thought drops off, you are left all by your Self.
At other times you reflect duality, self and
others.

"When mental activity disappears, then knower,
knowing and known become merged one into another,
just like a transparent crystal which assumes the
appearance of that upon which it rests."

Pantanjali - Yoga Sutras I.41.