--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> Robin,
>
> Has it ocurred to you that Vaj has built his case, (if you
> want to call it a case) on specific details.  Your response
> has been to declare that it is all a lie.  Now, if there
> were a bench of 12 jurors listening to the evidence, on the
> issue of "Did this Vajradhatu know or meet this Robin
> Wordworth Carlson", what would be the verdict?

What you seem incapable of incorporating into your
thinking is what the prosecutor (or defense attorney,
depending on who's suing whom) would point out to the
jury: that Vaj could have gotten every single one of
those details from somebody else who *was* in
Fairfield and who *did* know Robin.

> Now Judy may say, well, you haven't presented any
> person who can identify this Vajrahatu at the scene,
> and because of this technicality,  the case could be
> thrown out.

That's hardly a technicality.

> But short of this standard, it seems to me that Vaj has
> presented credible, seemingly first person evidence.

Another point is that the "jury" in this case has heard
"testimony" from Vaj on various issues for *years* now,
not just for a few hours in a courtroom. He has not
established a reputation for credibility, to say the
least, among most of us here.

Plus which, he has a clear motive to lie about what he
knows firsthand: He's made it very plain that he is
determined to "get" Robin any way he can. We don't
know why he's on this personal vendetta, but there's
no question that's what he's engaged in.

And here, by the way, he's not testifying under penalty
of perjury as he would be in a courtroom. A person who
has stood up in public and sworn to tell "the truth, the
whole truth, and nothing but the truth" acquires thereby
a certain basic measure of credibility because the person
is aware of the penalties for perjuring himself.

Personally, just on the level of impressions, Vaj's
"testimony" about his experiences with Robin remind
me of nothing so much as the special effects trickery
that inserted Forrest Gump into all kinds of important
events. It's as if Vaj had Photoshopped himself into
Robin's life. You can almost see the faint line between
Vaj's image and the real ones. There's just no sense
of first-person resonance, no ring of authenticity.

<snip>
> On the other hand, what is so wrong with simply dealing with
> these events that happened 25 or 30 years ago, and then
> moving on?  Or at least trying to move on.  It appears that
> Vaj is going to continue to confront you with these past
> events,

I agree with you 100 percent on these points. As I said
in another post, Robin has so much to contribute, and
perhaps even something to receive, from more positive
interactions here. It's hard not to respond when you
feel you're being unfairly maligned, but I wish Robin
could find it within himself to limit his responses to
the attacks to short statements of fact and just carry
on.

> and that is certainly his perogative.

You could say that. Vaj has the *right* to do what he's
doing; but is it *right* that he's doing it?