--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, zarzari_786 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Impeccable timeline, Judy. How *do* you do it?
> >
> > Well, when Yahoo Advanced Search is working, it isn't that
> > difficult. Sure couldn't do it just from memory. Does take
> > a bit of back and forth, and it does require familiarity
> > with the search options.
>
> Well, I do it from memory. I will naturally notice more
> my inclusion in any of his lists then others here, and
> Ravi was also absent (overposting) for more than a week.
> AFAIK he started being degaratory to me only when putting
> my video in the subject line. And that was long, long time
> after Emily had posted her rant.

That's right. But *before* I'd responded to any of your
attacks on me that you made after your break.

<snip>

> Well, that's not what I said, you are making it up now.

That's why I said, "Right?" I was anticipating,
sarcastically, that that's what you'd say. What
I was doing in this post was eliminating every
possibility that Ravi had attacked you because he
was taking cues from me. The timeline of the
posts just doesn't support that notion.

> Correct.

> At the time I had to take an announced break, but the basis
> of this was your very unfortunate snipping of my original
> post, you know the one, where you started to lash out after
> my two word 'of course' with the rest of the quote being
> Barry's, and being entirely out of context, and also being
> misinterpreted by you and consequently by Emily, and which
> resulted into a series of mis-attributions of quotes by
> Barry.

Emily didn't misinterpret, and that's not why Robin
misattributed the quotes. Plus which, you just agreed
that that post of mine was very mild. If it was
"lashing out," it was very restrained in that regard.

You misunderstood the basis for my response to your
"Of course." I tried to explain it to you when you
emailed me privately to object, but you didn't get it.
I was calling your attention to the absurdity of
*Barry's* statement, of its logical structure, not
the content. Then I addressed the content by
pointing out that his premise was inaccurate as well.

Emily was responding to both you and Barry, and what
she was objecting to was your *labeling*, whether
with NPD or BPD. She used NPD--which Barry had used--
as an example, but she found both labels unacceptable.
It was the fact of the labeling, not the specific
label, that she was objecting to.

The part I snipped from your post would not have
made any difference to her objection (or to mine).
Again, I tried to explain this to you privately,
but you didn't understand.

> Well, I am not aware of those attacks, but I may have missed
> them.

Which attacks? Ravi's? You just cited them above,
the ones about your video. And obviously you didn't
miss your own attacks on me. So you aren't making
any sense here.

> The ones I remember, where after you had gone ballistic.

I went ballistic in our *private exchange*, so
obviously that couldn't have influenced Ravi. I
didn't go after you in public until *after* Ravi
did, after your break, in response to the attacks
you'd made on me.

The single harsh post I made about you before your
break was my post to Robin correcting his attributions,
the one in which I called what you'd said in your
exchange with Barry "slimy." And that was *after*
Emily had posted her rant.

> But, anyway he is gone, he also took cues from you in
> his whole line of argumentation, like you saying, that
> enlightened ones can't be judged by their behavior,

He had been making that point all along by
contrasting his behavior with what he claimed
about his inner state. It didn't come from me.

> a very unwholesome argument for him to use.

Maybe, maybe not. We have no way of knowing whether
it was "unwholesome." In any case, it's idiotic for
you to blame it on me.

You just made the point *yourself* in another post
that MMY had said enlightenment can't be determined
from behavior, so why are you even objecting to it?

You know, you express yourself in English quite well
considering it isn't your native language. But more
and more I have the sense that your understanding of
what you read isn't adequate to follow what's said
in the kinds of conversations that take place here.

That's not really your fault; the structure and
semantics and implications and nuances of what's
said in the discussions are in a sort of specialized
style that isn't easy for a nonnative speaker to
interpret, unless the speaker is extremely fluent
and has a lot of experience reading it.

E.g., with my sarcastic question above, "But Emily
took her cue from me, right?" a native English
speaker wouldn't have responded as you did, because
they'd have picked up on the sarcasm. No response
was called for, because I went on to answer my own
question: No, Emily couldn't have been taking her
cue from me. At most they might have responded with
something like, "No, that isn't what I was thinking."

So I suspect you may be missing more than you realize.
It might be a good idea for you not to be so quick
to jump to conclusions about what people are saying.
When something someone says strikes you as wrong or
peculiar, you might try asking, "You said such-and-such.
Did you mean [insert your interpretation], or have I
misunderstood?"