Hey, thanks Judy for the reminder.

However, his last statement you quoted was an
explanation of his feeling that the Catholic/Christian
lineage was empty of power now, ala the Abbey 0f Monte Cassino.
The key words being ... "it is as if".

His view is characteristic of a vacillating mind, a ghostly belief
system
and an over-emphasis upon one's own separate individuality.
In essence it encapsulates the Western Christian historical drama
and demonstrates a real need for an austere but  corporate worship -
one was the original norm in Christianity before it became a political
favored group/system with people joining just to gain imperial favor.

This was one of the reasons that monasticism started in the first place
dismay at the lack of true faithfulness among the 'joiners".

I doubt RWC knows much about all this ... thus his snap-shot view about
his self-declared tradition.

This is all part of the casualty-range from converts who try to fill old
wine skins with new wine ... to use an over-worn "bibul" analogy.