Ann, you're just saying this..........cause it's true!
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@...>
wrote:

> Well, all I know is no one yet is holding a gun to any of you FFL'ers
heads. So all of the long-timers must enjoy this. It is theoretically so
easy to just drop out and go do something useful like take out the trash
or something. But none of you do that (that garbage must really be
piling up) so there you have it. Simple. You all stay here doing what
you do on this site because you either want to or have a compulsion to.

> In this cyclical movement of posts one of you is either igniting a
fire because the posts are getting too mild or you are arguing to beat
the band. I mostly find it entertaining but sometimes it is a tad
repetitive because no one really convinces the other target that they
are right. The watchers may change viewpoints because no one could
describe the posters here as intellectually flaccid - stubborn,
sometimes mean, insulting, and irrational - but not stupid.

> Someone made a comment about Robin running away now, no longer
posting, hiding after his last letter. I don't believe this. I'm just
not sure there is anything more for him to say. I haven't read all of
his words on FFL but I know there are enough to create a hefty
manuscript. Now, having established that none of you a downright dumb,
quite the opposite, I have to wonder what the hell more he could
possibly say to any of you, what other admissions, explanations, reasons
for his behaviour or beliefs he could give you. My theory is you want
him to stick around because that compulsion, that desire for a heated
debate that keeps you all here and that likes a good fight is missing
out in his absence.

> This is no judgement, just slightly interested observation. And if my
theory is correct, someone's gonna bite...