"One is in harmony with natural law or one isn't."

Okay. But what is the criteria? There are lots and lots of people who are
willing to tell you how you should live your life so as to be in accord with
their beliefs about the way things *should* be;  you are one, apparently, lots
of priests and mullahs are in that category, Rick Santorum and a lot of
Republicans are, too; lots of people want to tell others how they *should* be,
but they all use different criteria (or rather, they mostly cite different
books).

Is there a simple, universal criteria that you use? *Is* there any simple,
universal criteria?Saying "natural law" doesn't mean anything without an agreed
upon definition (and it's obvious that when emotions are involved, even an
otherwise intelligent person can't get their emotional responses to submit to a
dictionary definition of a commonly used term.)

There is a lot to be said for "live and let live" even when you don't see eye
to eye with choices others make. (And I'm not saying that doing manifest harm
to another is okay; however, speculation that harm might somehow be perpetrated
in some magical spiritual fashion isn't, in my opinion, grounds for attacking,
demonizing, and coercing others to act and be a certain way on the "material
plane".)

It appears to me that most people read and listen primarily to sources that
already agree with their pre-formed opinions and presumptions. It's
uncomfortable to examine perspective different from one's own, and I'm just as
prone to that as the next guy or gal; however, I take comfort in finding that
over time my feelings and understanding about different and (to me) important
subjects have modified and changed. Leads me to believe I'm still working on
getting to some aspect of what's true and not settling for a comfortable lie.

***