--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:

> > What browser are you using? I have seen no such
> > behavior, but that's because I'm a long-term
> > Firefox TB, and use the Adblock Plus add-on.
>
> It's Chrome - but I also have FireFox with the same
> problem. I'd better get an ad blocker!

If your browser -- whatever it is -- is making
calls to an ad server somewhere, chances are the
problem is not in the browser itself but in some
piece of adware or spyware that has been inadver-
tently installed on your system. You might want
to check out a good anti-Spyware system. But
beware! 80% of them are in fact spyware or adware
in disguise. I still use Ad-Aware because it was
one of the first such free utilities, and because
I trust their motives and their software. It may
not be the latest and greatest and spiffiest, but
it has kept my computer protected from such scourges
for several years now, so I have come to depend on
it.