> > These things are better experienced than
> > explained. ;-)

Duveyoung:
> So, are you saying The Absolute can be
> "experienced" by an enlightened person?
> Seems to me it cannot be, but instead the
> body/mind system constructs a "nearest
> equivalent" as a metaphor.

In order to trigger the reality-structurer
it is important simply to feed the human
biocomputer the proper data or symbols.

The Sutras, like Talbot says, are a like
metaprograms, sets of symbols which enable
the biocomputer to communicate with the
structurally lower levels of the nervous
system that control the reality-structurer.

If we cannot acquire the attitude necessary
to trigger the reality-structurer, we may,
like the yogin, simply choose an arbitrary
mantra or symbol.

It is far easier to practice simple yogic
formulas than it is to deal with highly
abstract notions such as the 'nagual' or
the 'void.'

According to Talbot, "these are the forces
wherewith mind creates and animates the whole
universe; ordinarily they are not ours to
command, for, until the false ego is negated
or unless we employ yogic means to transcend
its bounds, our individual minds function as
it were, like small puddles isolated from the
great ocean."

The bija mantras, Buddhist and Hindu, are the
computer cards, the code. We, as meditators,
are the technicians and the bio-computers.

Before one can program the structurally lower
levels of the nervous system (the levels
governing the reality- structurer) one must be
able to metaprogram the cerebral cortex with
the appropriate set of symbols.

"This gives us a remarkable new slant on
meditation." - Michael Talbot

Work cited:

'Mysticism and the New Physics'
by Michael Talbot