--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@>
> > wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > And your messages can be traced back to a server in Manchester, England.
> >

> I get how you find it, all we need to do is go through everyone
> on list's IPs. Sounds like a fun afternoon, but if someone
> can deliberately use a different server would the IP address
> change? I thought they were unique to your actual home.

There's bunches of different ways to change that. Most straightforward is to
have a VPN account that you log into and all your internet traffic to the rest
of the world is seen as originating from that VPN account.

I have one in Holland, for example, since I administer some computers in the
Netherlands.

L.