--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > > I think it's good every so often to remember who
> > > *paid* for his E-ticket ride.  Where do you think
> > > the money came from for his robes and crown, much
> > > less his weight in gold?  From all the TBs who
> > > donated to projects along the way that they'd
> > > convinced themselves were really going to happen.
> >
> > For the record, the money didn't go to him personally
> > but to fund his research; essentially, it was the TMO
> > giving money to the TMO.
>
> So he did NOT get his weight in gold.
>
> In other words, the whole scale stunt was just a way to reapportion
> funds WITHIN the TMO from one department to another...

Funny, I don't recall saying anything about
reapportioning funds from one department to
another.  You made that up.

> If this is what you are saying then the whole publicity stunt was,
> at worst, dishonest in its portrayal, at best, fraudulent.

Oh, please.  The TMO would have funded his
research in any case.  They just decided to
hand out the money in a way that would give
them some publicity.  Nothing the least bit
fraudulent about it.  The press release said
what the money was to be used for.

And publicity stunts are by definition
"dishonest."  This was a good one, imaginative
and quite successful.

No kidding, folks, the criticism here is
verging on the pathological.