> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wrote:
> > <snip>

> > > So he did NOT get his weight in gold.
> > >
> > > In other words, the whole scale stunt was just a way to
> reapportion
> > > funds WITHIN the TMO from one department to another...
> >
> > Funny, I don't recall saying anything about
> > reapportioning funds from one department to
> > another.  You made that up.
> >
> > > If this is what you are saying then the whole publicity stunt
> was,
> > > at worst, dishonest in its portrayal, at best, fraudulent.
> >
> > Oh, please.  The TMO would have funded his
> > research in any case.  They just decided to
> > hand out the money in a way that would give
> > them some publicity.  Nothing the least bit
> > fraudulent about it.  The press release said
> > what the money was to be used for.
> >
> > And publicity stunts are by definition
> > "dishonest."  This was a good one, imaginative
> > and quite successful.
>

> Let me understand this, Judy.
>
> You most certainly seem to be saying that the "giving Tony Nader
his
> weight in gold" was:
>
> 1) a good publicity stunt; and
>
> 2) "imaginative"; and
>
> 3) "quite successful?

I believe if you look above, you won't need to
muse about what I "seem to be saying," you can
see what I actually said.

But in case that's too much trouble, I'll quote
it here:  "This was a good one, imaginative and
quite successful."

> I will cede to you that, yes, #2 is correct that it WAS imaginative.
>
> But I suggest to you and the others readers on this forum that if
> you do actually ascribe to both #1 and #3 that you are either:
>
> 1) deluded;
>
> 2) quite possibly brainwashed by a cult; or
>
> 3) in denial.

And I suggest to you that you frequently seem
to have difficulty interpreting plain English when
it's saying something you don't want to accept.

A "good" publicity stunt is a successful one.  A
"successful" publicity stunt is one that gets--
wait for it!--a lot of publicity.

This stunt got a lot of publicity.  You concede it
was imaginative.  Therefore, it was a good
publicity stunt, imaginative and quite successful.