On 07/11/2012 11:49 AM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@...> wrote:
>>

>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@> wrote:
>>> Right, BillyG, because it's just as important to be able
>>> to attend pro ball games as it is to be able to see your
>>> doctor.
>> Everybody ALREADY has access to medical care in this country. OH, and why
>> are 'poor' people fat?
>>
> I just had an eye infection. Because of my financial situation I can't go to
> a regular doctor because he/she demands money up front. Instead, I had to go
> to the ER. Even after the 50% discount the hospital gives to people with no
> insurance, I currently owe over $300 for that one visit. A regular doctor
> would have cost 1/2 that amount.
>
> Oh, and in case you're wondering how I can afford internet access..
>
> 11 months ago, I had a little cash. I also had a creditor threatening to put
> a lien on my property and confiscate the contents of my bank account, so I
> paid my ISP $1000 to keep my internet access/telephone service going for a
> year. I could have possibly gotten part of my money back from my ISP, but I
> wouldn't have the internet access to tell you my  sad story or to try to look
> for work.
>

> And there are many reasons why poor people are fat, including eating
> unhealthy food because it is cheaper than healthy food, depression that leads
> to overweight issues and inability to keep to a regular exercise schedule,
> which in turn leads to diabetes, which can make things worse, including,
> eventually loss of your feet so you can't exercise or work anyway.
>

> L (who is about 140 pounds overweight with a BMI of 50).

Doesn't your local hospital have an Urgent Care unit?  That's for non ER
cases and probably your bill would have been far less.  When I closed
the car door on my finger in 2007 I went to the local hospital UC unit.
The doctor really just wanted me to take some Tylenol and go home.  But
I insisted she operate on the nail.  She was hinting that what I saw on
YouTube was safe but operated on my insistence when the blood spurted
from the tiny hole realized the pressure was more than she thought.  The
visit cost $100 and the "surgery" $60.  Being that I need my fingers in
shape for my work I wanted to make sure it was done right and didn't get
an infection. BTW, over the last 11 years that has been my only hospital
visit and I had for many of those years paid over $400 a month to the
health insurance extortionists and that was for a $1500 deductible premium.

Some of us are just cursed and if we look at food it puts weight on so
you can't even be a "breathairian".  Actually they've figured out that
if you ever dieted you probably created a set point and any calories you
eat above that per day will put weight on you while it won't for someone
else.  Also modern medicine needs to really look at biochemical
individuality like is in Ayurveda. But many modern doctors are lazy and
don't want to learn something "that complex" as if it is anything
complex. :-D