> this slide show brought tears to my eyes, love and gratitude overflowing
>
> unstressing will happen later (-:
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlffubR2N9Y&feature=youtu.be

this slide show brought tears to my eyes, love and gratitude overflowing

unstressing will happen later (-:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlffubR2N9Y&feature=youtu.be

Dear Share,

So grateful to see this. Because it allows me to experience that supreme
paradox: that, for me, at every level of me, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was ten
thousand times more beautiful, more significant, more powerful, more
extraordinary than any human being I have ever met in my life. Yes, I would say
this—Once that is, I had opened myself to him by practising Transcendental
Meditation. Before I continue here, Share, this must be understood: If
Maharishi really was as divine as he still seems to me, then, no question, the
world should have responded *just to him as a person* much more than it has.
But I remember seeing Maharishi live just before I began to meditate, and *he
did not impress me as a human being*. But then, over four years later, after
having practised TM, he was—and remained—the most glorious human being I had
ever known. And I still think, even after all this time, that, experientially,
I would have to be in the presence of Christ before I could find anyone equal
to Maharishi.

Now this leaves open the question, then, of Maharishi's actual status
independently of TM (and everything else that was added to this over time). Are
there persons—not Indian saints in the Himalayas—the saints in Rishikesh paid
tribute to him in the late sixties—unanimously; they knew and apprehended him
as a person fully realized—not to say dazzling and wonderful to behold and
communicate with—Are there persons in the world who could view this video and
recognize this was the most impressive human being of our lifetime? I am
interested in this question, Share, because when I was loving Maharishi with
the entirety of my being I would play vidoes of Maharishi to my non-TM friends,
and I was alway shocked at their very mild and unspectacular experience of him.
*I could not understand this*.

But let us return to the video itself. Some of the photos of Maharishi, Share,
they prove the immensity of integrity, subtlety, grace, and charm of this man.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi—not matter everything that has been said about him
(including by myself), no matter what he has said and done which invites
criticism—and worse;—To be around Maharishi, to know Maharishi, to surrender to
Maharishi, well, there never will be any experience I will have in my lifetime
equivalent to it—in terms of its glory and love and energy and beatitude.
*Maharishi was It, Share*, and I think your expressing the experience you had
of this video in your post, that is the most important connection we share (!)
[one millionth time Share has encountered someone thinking they were smart by
having accidentally fallen upon this pun] together. You see, Share, I am
grateful for what you express here in your post *because, for Christ sake, it's
the goddamn truth of the matter*. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was the most incredible
and beautiful being since Christ. I truly believe this.

And, just to remind you, he gave me everything he promised. But I want to focus
on him, the person. I believe there must be at least one person in the world—I
assume more than one person—who really *knew* Maharishi in terms of what he
represented as a member of the Holy Tradition, in being a true Master, in being
a person in a state of Vedic grace, in terms of being the smartest, wittiest,
wisest, and more discerning person alive. No book has been written about
Maharishi which even comes close to describing who he was as a man, as a human
being, as a Master. I wait for such an account of Maharishi.

Meanwhile this video does begin to do justice to him. Even some of the
photographs: they attest completely and unequivocally to the truth that this
human being was more attractive, more confident, deeper, more complex, more
unified [seen his handwriting? I like it better than any handwriting I have
ever seen] and more impressive than any human being in our lifetime—but I would
say more impressive than any human being ever—Since Christ was God and not just
a human being.

Yeah, I would be something much lesser had it not been for Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi, even as I, in recognizing the wonder of this human being—(What could be
more compelling and enthralling than being in his physical presence? Nothing.
And nothing ever will.)—must protect myself against his enduring influence—and
all those memories I have stored inside of me which make me susceptible still
to his charms. But I never open myself voluntarily to this experience; else I
am likely to gravitate back to where I was on the mountain.

But, Share, I look forward to hearing an account of Maharishi from those who
knew him best—and those who remained loyal and devoted to him. I think I know
of one person in the world that Maharishi loved most, and revealed himself to
the maximum. But I will never say who this is. But I think he (or she) knows
who they are. They owe it to us, to the world, to the future to get down their
own experience and memory of Maharishi and how they came to know and understand
him. Because I think this analysis of Maharishi is missing from the record.

Meanwhile I have only opened up a simple theme here: how my experience accords
with your own—only I don't let myself take it to where it goes with you. That
is, that my experience of seeing this most profound of all human personalities
entails my surrendering intentionally to him. Were I to come into the presence
of Maharishi now—as he was at the zenith of his power and beauty and
strength—*I would refuse to efface anything of myself*; and I would try to
oppose his charisma as best I could, that I might apprehend him independently
of how I viewed him all the while I remained his disciple—and I remained
devoted to him in this way even throughout the whole time I was in Unity
Consciousness by the way;—I would want to do this, Share, in order to really
understand who he was in his own right. As a person like I am a person. Like
you are a person. I never had this opportunity. But I would resist the natural
tendency to surrender to him as I say.

I don't believe anyone can ever become objective about Maharishi, and find the
truthful perspective on him without holding within themselves that highest
experience of appreciation for him (they once had), while at the same time,
realizing that Maharishi did not even begin to deliver on his promise to us,
that in some fatal way he was flawed as a person, most especially as a being
holding inside himself the truth about Creation. But if one watches this video,
there is absolutely no evidence of Maharishi being anything other than what he
projected to us that he was: the wisest and most beautiful and most
extraordinary human being who ever was.

I still experience that there is almost as much Maharishi inside of me as there
is me. I don't like it; but that is the consequence of the awesome change he
wrought in me. I believe I would be one-half the person I am now able to be if
it were not for meeting Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and coming under the tremendous
metaphysical integrity of his personality and his consciousness.