On Jul 18, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Robin Carlsen wrote:

But what did YOU think of him, Vaj? What was your own individualized perception and experience of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi? You will never tell us this.

He always reminded me of a Hindu rug salesman, kinda greasy and agenda-driven. I liked some aspects of the Rig Veda he brought to light - presumably gleamed from various pundits he hung with. But as far as comparatively to other saints I've met, he just wasn't that impressive, other than in dress and presentation, which was always "spot on" and well managed. He truly was an exceptional marketer with a very fine eye for details, and that did show in everything he did.

These observations have been verified quite innocently through people I've met over the years, most notable being a friend who was on the Rishikesh course with the Beatles. Once I knew and understood there were certain behaviors that extended that far back, that was all I needed to know.

I respect your family's apprehension of MMY. I know of persons (whose judgment I trust) who have gone a lot further than the derogatory remarks you have made about Maharishi.

Can you share their observations?