On Jul 18, 2012, at 12:01 PM, turquoiseb wrote:

It's fascinating, Vaj, but I really feel such a distance
from Maharishi in every possible way -- emotionally, spir-
itually, and intellectually -- that I can't work up enough
interest to read anything by him these days, let alone
about him. He just holds no interest for me whatsoever.

His followers, and what became of them...that I still find
interesting. That's why I still skim FFL and post here.
But Maharishi himself...there is simply no connection to
him left in me. To read some account of him would be like
reading about a fictional character.

Of course, one could easily say that such an account *is*
about a fictional character, given how much of his rep
he invented and spun himself. :-)

But when it comes to reading fiction, I have higher standards
for characterization than I'm likely to find in the character
of Maharishi, no matter who tells the tale.

I'm always curious how honest new accounts of him will actually pan out to be. There's so much effort that goes into air-brushing his reputation, concealing his past and that of his various product lines, it's always interesting to see how well writers are able to (ahem) transcend the "spin" and write something authoritative and factual.