> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > I'm merely being a realist: if you're lost in distraction
> > > (i.e. vyutthAna, the" outward stroke") then you're not
> > > transcending. If you're not transcending, then you're
> > > meditation is not transcendental.
> > >
> > > Therefore, you should not call it Transcendental Meditation.
> > >
> > > How 'bout "Lawson's Transcendental Meditation"? Outward Stroke
> > > Meditation? ;-)
> >
> > The point of TM isn't to transcend.
> >
> > THe point of TM is to transcend and then to NOT-transcend.
> >
> > Again, you show a fundamental lack of understanding.
>
> Lawson, Vaj and I understand *What Maharishi Taught*
> quite well. What you do not comprehend -- and I would
> suggest that after all these many years of all this
> much brainwashing you can *never* understand -- is
> that we REJECT what Maharishi taught.

No, sorry, doesn't work, Barry. I appreciate that
you're trying to save Vaj from himself, but this
isn't the way to do it. At least not if people are
reading what Vaj actually *says*:

"I believe this is a fundamental misunderstanding
of TM practice."

> We think he was wrong.

About what? Obviously, MMY could not have been
wrong about how to do TM as taught by Maharishi
Mahesh Yogi. That would be oxymoronic.

But that's what Vaj claims. That's what you're
trying very hard to cover up.

You can say that Maharishi didn't know how to
teach meditation until the cows come home, if
you actually know how he taught meditation.

You can't say "Maharishi didn't know how to
teach Transcendental Meditation as taught by
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi" without having people
laugh at you.

If you want to make a case for the former, go
for it. You've done it before. But don't pretend
that's what's at issue here, or you'll tar
yourself with Vaj's brush. There's nothing you
can do to make him *right*; all you can do is
try to distract attention from his mistakes, as
in "We think [MMY] was wrong" without specifying
what he was wrong *about* (i.e., not about how
to teach TM as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi).

> You keep parroting what he taught you. Oh...wait...
> what people he taught to parrot him taught you, as
> if doing so would prove that *WE* are the ones who
> "don't understand."

"I believe this is a fundamental misunderstanding
of TM practice," Vaj says to Lawson, referring to
Lawson's "parroting" of what MMY taught.

If Vaj doesn't recognize what Lawson said as being
what MMY taught, then Vaj either does not know or
has forgotten or never understood what MMY taught.

<snip>
> PLEASE stop doing the "Judy thang" and trying to imply
> that because we DISAGREE with Maharishi we "never got it"
> or "never understood." We understood just fine, thank you.

Neither of us has been doing that.

> What YOU don't understand is that we can do that and
> disagree with him.

Sure you can. But Vaj doesn't.

> We think he's wrong.

And again the incomplete "We think he's wrong." Barry
*can't* complete it, because that would throw Vaj under
the bus:

"I believe this is a fundamental misunderstanding
of TM practice."

> THAT is what you either can't "get," or if you can,
> are trying to denigrate by portraying us as having
> "not understood." We understood fine. We think he
> was wrong.

"I believe this is a fundamental misunderstanding
of TM practice."

About what?

<crickets>